Since launching in 2017, Binti has helped over 40,000 families get approved to foster and/or adopt children.
Binti partners with county and state governments as well as private agencies across 27 states to improve the foster care system. The 190+ agencies using Binti serve about 22% of children in child welfare in the US. On average, agencies using Binti have increased the number of approved families by 80%, making a real dent in the shortage of foster/adoptive parents for children in the US. Beyond helping families foster/adopt children, Binti is launching software to support families who are struggling to get the services they need to stay together with or reunify with their children.
We have a huge, ambitious vision to help every child have a safe, loving, and stable family and rewire government to be more effective. We care about creating a workplace where everyone feels welcome and can bring their full self to work.
- Put the child first: We prioritize the best interests of the child or youth in every decision.
- Create love through empathy: We strive to be an inclusive and welcoming workplace that can treat each other (and our customers) with caring and respect.
- Break through walls: We’re a small but rapidly growing company, so we value extreme ownership and resourcefulness alongside a growth mindset to learn from mistakes.
- Empower with information: We’re honest and open, and we proactively share information so that we can all operate to the best of our abilities.
- Embrace the best idea: We’re low-ego team players, looking out for the best decision for the company instead of just ourselves.
☀️ Benefits & Perks
- Generous compensation packages (typically base + equity)
- Excellent health insurance, with 99% coverage for both the employee and dependents (amazing for parents!)
- 16 weeks paid parental leave
- Flexible vacation time, targeting 20 days/year
- 401(k) with 100% match of contributions up to 4% of your annual salary
- Remote home office setup includes $1000 reimbursement
- $1,000 reimbursement for virtual home office setup
- Weekly reimbursement for lunch with coworkers - virtually or at our Oakland office
- $2,500 annual reimbursement for ongoing learning and development, with opportunities to attend trainings/conferences, on-site speaker series, and lunch and learns
- $5,000 annual bonus for employees who volunteer as a CASA (court-appointed special advocates)
Our executive team is 45% female, including our CEO and CTO. Across the company, the management team is 55% female.
🏢 Where we work
We’re a fully remote team distributed across the U.S. Our core collaboration hours are between 10am-4pm PT.
✏️ Interview process
The typical interview process consists of:
- A few early phone calls (usually from both the recruiter and the hiring manager) to dig into past experience and interest in the role.
- Following that, most candidates do a “panel” interview, meaning video calls with a few members of the team to ask about the candidate’s values and job skills. These interviews all allow the candidate to ask questions as well.
- The process typically takes 20-30 days from start to finish. If the role isn’t a good fit, the candidate will receive (prompt) written notice from the recruiter and will get a chance to ask for feedback if they’d like it.
Check out Office Hours with our VP of Talent @hannahpritchett.
📈 Career growth
Binti runs formal performance reviews twice a year; these assess an employee’s impact but also include coaching for growth areas. Binti’s also open to internal mobility, whether into management roles or onto other teams. We also have an annual education stipend for employees to learn new skills.
🖖 Work / life balance
The work and expectations around it can be messy since we’re still a small startup, but most leaders role-model taking time for themselves and their families, and after-hours emails or Slack messages are rare.
✨ Work style
Employees typically cite Binti’s “inclusive and highly empathetic culture” as a primary reason to join and stay.
We use Slack very heavily, both for day-to-day coordination and for sharing updates and information (to empower others!) across the company. We also use it for social interactions since we’re a remote-first team; we’ve got channels about pets and kids and hobbies and everything in between.