Mission and Values
Canopy is a remote-first Series A startup that adds a keystone technology to the BaaS stack. Canopy’s low-code solution helps fintechs, banks, credit unions, and brands to launch and sustain new financial products. We support installment lending programs, revolving lending programs (credit cards, charge cards, lines of credit), and even more unique customizable programs (such as multi-advance or MCA programs) that make sense for your team's business model. Check out our documentation at https://learn.canopyservicing.com/
Mission: To enable organizations to launch personalized, transparent, and safer credit and lending products and to support those products with world-class servicing in a secure and compliant way.
Vision: To empower people and organizations to reach their full potential with personal, transparent, and safer financing.
- Always Learning: We can all do better. We strive to improve without getting defensive. As we grow, we “give away our legos” and empower teammates with ownership and responsibility.
- Scientific: The important thing is to begin, get feedback, and iterate. We define a problem, hypothesize a cause or solution, and conduct experiments to test each hypothesis.
- Empathetic: We think about how the actions we take affect our clients and their customers. We check in on teammates and make room for different or contrasting viewpoints.
- Open, transparent, kind: We hold that it is better to be awkward and honest about our mistakes, and to give and receive empathy, rather than taking another course. We strive to be open, even redundant.
- Celebratory: Creativity is our fuel. One of the biggest ways we replenish it is by finding and celebrating things that are working well that might have otherwise not be noticed.
- Disciplined: We start each day/week/quarter/year with an intention. We follow through and follow up and invest in ourselves. We keep commitments.
Today we are a team of 40 with plans to double over the next year.
We are a global team and we typically orient around east coast hours. We communicate through Slack and Zoom. Our team members emulate our core values that help us drive growth and success for our customers. Our overall culture score is A: https://www.comparably.com/companies/canopy-servicing/culture
Canopy was founded as a remote-first company and its fully remote team is spread out across the United States and Europe. We trust our team members and give them autonomy, encouraging a work/life integration. In general, the team is offline on the weekend –– it’s understood that we work hard during the week, and value time outside of work as well.
Benefits and Perks
- Comp package in the 90th percentile of startups our size
- Excellent health, vision and dental package
- Paid Parental Leave Policy
- Unlimited PTO
- 401K matching
- Space and support to grow
- Monthly stipend for mental/physical wellness
- Monthly stipend for food/coffee
- Home office set-up package
- Yearly team offsite somewhere fun
- Donation (give-back) budget
- Weekly: 1:1 with your manager
- Quarterly: look at and set up OKRs for next quarter
- Bi-yearly: formal performance reviews where you discuss leveling, comp, expectations to get to next level
We have a dedicated People Ops team.
The typical interview process is:
1. Intake call with a recruiter
2. Technical/Product Interview
- Timing: 1 hour over Zoom
- Interview structure: 1-1 with a member of the team
- Content: Screen for technical abilities and company values match + share more about the problems we're solving
3. Team Interviews
- Timing: 3 interviews, 45 minutes each
- Interview structure: 1-1 with 3 different members of the team
- Content: Dive deeper into technical/product abilities + time for you to ask questions
This process, depending on the candidate's schedule, can move as quickly as 2 weeks (from initial call to offer). A candidate, no matter what stage, will get notified if we want to move forward or not.