Our mission is to leverage technology to help safety net organizations fulfill the essential needs of underserved populations.
We power the care for more than 7 million underserved patients at over 300 safety net organizations nationwide who receive timely healthcare information, preventive care reminders, appointment reminders, local resources, and health coaching through interactive voice and text messaging.
We are one of the first tech non-profit organizations with a sustainable business model and envision a world where all people, regardless of income or background, achieve equitable health outcomes. Our technology platform and associated disease management programs enable healthcare organizations to facilitate communication and outreach to promote engagement and better self-care (in 38 states and growing).
Fulfilling the essential needs of underserved populations doesn’t always stop with healthcare. Our work with established non-profit organizations demonstrates the potential breadth of impact CareMessage can have on Social Determinants of Health (SDoH) and health outcomes.
Our values are represented by CARE. We actively practice, acknowledge and recognize these values in our team:
☀️ Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work hours as a fully remote team
- Half-day Fridays
- Generous medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
- Health Savings Accounts and Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401k retirement plan
- Short & long-term disability insurance
- Paid parental leave for biological and adopted children
- 9 wellness days to be used for anything that comes up in life or self-care
- Paid time off and 1-month (20 working days) paid sabbatical after the 4-year anniversary
- 18 paid company holidays, including a ~5-day mid-year break in the US and a ~5-day end-of-year break
- Employee Assistance Program
- Budget for professional and personal development (webinars, online courses, books, and more)
We leverage a good balance of synchronous communication via Slack, and Zoom with effective async communication via a robust internal wiki-style knowledge base and Email. A strong communication culture supports the diverse hobbies and interests represented in our people and how we work flexibly together effectively. We enjoy having fun together as well via our occasional Team Trivia All Hands, and our post-release celebrations!
75% of Leadership roles at CareMessage are held by women.
🏢 Where we work
Our team members work wherever they like — their home, favorite coffee shop, or on the beach — during the hours that best suit their lifestyles. We’ve found that remote employees have more freedom, increased productivity, and the ability to keep a healthy work-life balance. Being a fully remote team since 2019 has also empowered us to work with the best talent from all around the world including team members in Brazil, India, and the United States.
💜 Diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging
Our founders built CareMessage with a commitment to diversity and inclusion not because it's good for business, but because you cannot strive for improving healthcare equity with a team that is not diverse and equitable, as well. We value the different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to our team.
Visible from our founding team and our board to our leadership team and every team member, a diversity of people are the heart of CareMessage. We actively invest in diversity, equity, and inclusion.
A few of the practical ways we do this include:
- Continually reviewing and improving our equitable hiring processes
- Ensuring that all team members performing the same role at the same level are paid the same regardless of where they are in the world – no need to negotiate
- Making time and budget investments in our Employee Resource Groups
🖖 Work / life balance
Our team is diverse, hard-working and results-oriented, but not at the expense of life outside of work. We maintain a healthy work-life integration at CareMessage. Team members are free to work flexibly to enjoy life, while meeting our goals together. Examples of this are members who go to the gym, pickup/dropoff children at school, attend to personal needs, etc throughout the day.
We trust our team to work effectively while balancing personal needs and communicating those with their team so that everyone is able to get work done. Work rarely extends into weekends, and the entire team has half-day Fridays to allow us the opportunity to get a jump on the weekend. We have a generous PTO policy and offer a full month paid sabbatical for every four years of tenure, in addition to PTO and Holidays which include a 5 day year-end break and a 5 day mid-year break in the US.