Mission and Values
We're on a mission to provide the world's best healthcare to everyone. We are harnessing AI/ML to build products that empower both providers and patients.
How we operate:
- Why we do things - Mission Orientation
- Make the mission primary: Put patients and the interests of the company above all else.
- Go the extra mile and roll up your sleeves to make the mission happen.
- Challenge the status quo and assumptions behind it.
- How we operate - Impact and Agency
- Think big, start small.
- Have an ownership mentality: take initiative, fill gaps, and treat problems as opportunities.
- Be resilient, optimistic, and play to win.
- Be scientific: Base decisions on experiments, knowledge, and data
- How we interact - Emotional Intelligence
- Be candid and be empathetic.
- Do what is right, even if it is difficult for you personally.
- Always be learning: grow from feedback, give it to others, and constantly be looking for places you can improve.
~55 fulltime people
We plan to hire 10-20 more this year
Women in Leadership
66% of our leadership roles (director and above) are held by women.
Work / Life Balance
Work Life balance at Curai is very flexible. We are remote-first and we feel that it is up to each employee how they choose to balance their work and personal life. Our philosophy takes into consideration that people are more productive earlier or later throughout the day depending on their preference.
With that being said, we do expect employees to be available for meetings from 9am-3pm PT each day. Our commitment to work life balance includes ‘No meeting Wednesdays’ in an effort to provide an opportunity for deep learning and focused work.
Benefits and Perks
- We are a remote first company
- 16 weeks of Parental leave is available to employees who have completed 90 days of service at the time their leave begins. Parental Leave pay is also available for foster care
- We cover 100% of the costs of health benefits for our full time employees
- 401(k) matching
- $500 annual professional development stipend
- We offer a remote work stipend including internet stipend and home office reimbursement
One of the traits we value at Curai is candor with empathy. We use CultureAmp and train our managers to provide ongoing feedback regarding performance. We conduct annual 360s that allow managers to discuss strengths and areas to approve with their reports, but we do not currently have a formal performance review.
We are looking to launch formal reviews and goal measurements in 2022.
We have a three person People team dedicated to the employee experience at Curai. All three members embody our value of candor with empathy and are trained in people skills to support interpersonal challenges that arise. We listen first and provide support to both managers and employees to ensure all sides are heard and expectations are clear. We rarely let team members go and are committed to growing our employees and providing support when they are not meeting their goals.
Team Culture & Bonding
On our website, we describe our company culture as never boring. This stems from our mission, “providing the world’s best healthcare to everyone,” which means you have the opportunity to work with engineers, AI researchers, designers, medical experts amongst others. Everyone works to drive our mission forward while bringing their own expertise and experiences. Each day brings new challenges and as a result new opportunities to collaborate, build and learn something new.
To socialize and bond, we host monthly virtual events such as trivia, geoguessr, and scavenger hunts. Additionally, we have monthly women’s lunches, specific departments host happy hours, and we use interest specific slack channels to discuss our hobbies.
In the previous quarter, we spent 2 days of the work week promoting company wellness. This included a range of activities such as meditation, yoga, HIIT class, spirit week dress up, a cheese making class, and a day off from work to relax and enjoy however we wanted.
In the future we look to holding an annual or bi-annual company offsite to strengthen relationships and team build.
During our interview process, you can expect:
- Phone Screen: an initial phone screen with the hiring manager. This will be an initial call for the hiring manager to learn more about you and for you to learn more about the role and Curai.
- Team Interviews: If we believe you’re a good fit for the role and company, we’ll invite you back for a series of team interviews. Depending on the role, these could include technical coding interviews, meeting team members from other teams you may collaborate with, and meeting your future stakeholders.
- Executive Interview: The final interview round will be an opportunity to meet with Neal, our CEO.
The application review process will take approximately 48-72 hours and candidates can expect to hear back within a week regarding next steps.