Mission and Values
Our company is helping founders, hiring managers, and recruiters super charge their hiring efforts by making it less painful through automation, while also ensuring each candidate has a great experience with their future company.
- Slope over y-intercept: Doing great work and sharing good ideas means being given opportunities to grow.
- Active generosity: We don’t take things too seriously, and we make time to help and get to know one another.
- Big picture thinking: We keep the long-term vision in mind, and don’t take shortcuts or make convenient decisions at the expense of our business, team and customers.
42 - we plan to hire across the org and grow considerably this year
Women in Leadership
50% - our CTO, Customer Support Lead, Chief of Staff, and Engagement Manager lead.
Work / Life Balance
We’re a remote first team so employees are generally choosing the hours that work best for them. We encourage team members to block off their calendars with “do not disturb” or “focus time” blocks in order to set boundaries and structure their time away from work.
We do not promote over-working or burnout. We offer unlimited PTO in addition to a gently enforced mandatory two weeks of vacation/year to really ensure that people get the time away from work that they need.
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary & meaningful equity
- Support for personal and professional development outside of work
- Opportunities to grow within the company: we prioritize internal promotions and are a highly cross functional team
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits covered 100%
- Stipend for physical and mental wellness
- Daily lunch budget
- Reimbursements for home office equipment
- Flexible work schedule
- Unlimited PTO plus mandatory two weeks vacation
- Gifts on your birthday, work anniversary, and holidays
- Weekly virtual social event & regular in-person group activities
- Annual company offsite
Team members have a regularly scheduled 1:1 with their manager every week. Every 6 months, employees have formal performance reviews.
We don’t have a dedicated HR team today, so HR is run by our Chief of Staff alongside our Founders.
Team Culture & Bonding
The Dover team is described as a group of smart, thoughtful and kind people who are open to collaborating, sharing knowledge and feedback, and getting to know one another. When we see a problem or opportunity, we don’t say “that’s not my job”. We are entrusted with, and trust others to do great work and take responsibility for the results.
We are also open to having our ideas challenged, place a high value on experimentation, and value output over face-time.
We enjoy hanging out with another, either through #donut 1:1s, virtual happy hours every week or through the occasional safe and in-person get together. We’re also planning our first company-wide offsite, where the whole team will get to meet and spend time together!
Non-technical - 4 step process:
- Phone screen
- 2nd round
- Take home project
- Virtual onsite
Technical - 3 step process
- Phone screen
- Coding challenge
- Virtual onsite
Articles on Elpha: