Mission and Values
Here is where friends and communities hang out in fully customized (and personalized) online rooms. Our mission is to create a sense of closeness even if you’re worlds away. We believe that the Internet should be fun, weird, and shared with others.
You know what it feels like to be in the same place with a friend? To do something together? It's magical. And there's nothing quite like it online. Here is changing that.
Our users are mostly Gen Z, and about 70% are women. They use Here as a social product to connect with friends, share interests, be expressive and belong. Here is available on Web, Desktop, iOS, Android Mobile Web…and a native Android client coming soon!
Things we value:
- Weird is good – just check out our home page and hop into the product for a minute. You’re either going to get it OR you won’t want to reach out to us.
- Inclusion – our users are from all over the world, and of every race, religion, gender, and sexual orientation. Building a product for them means we ourselves must be a diverse and inclusive group.
- We know nothing till we ship – having a hypothesis is good, but running the actual experiment is even better. We have a bias towards shipping and prioritize moving fast. We sometimes ship bugs, and that’s ok.
- Communication – our product is rooted in expression and interaction. We talk/message/chat/react/video with each other often. We’re a remote-first company, so there are a lot of async comms, too, but we’re always making sure we’re aligned on what we’re trying to accomplish and why we’re doing it.
- Listen – to each other and to our users.
- Work should be fun – life is too short to spend time on anything you don’t enjoy. Period.
We’re a remote-first company and have employees from across the Americas. We’re currently a team of 10 with plans to almost double this year. 20% of leadership roles at Here are held by women.
Everyone at Here is mission-driven, and that means that our team works hard. There are no real set hours (we do have standup every day, but you can always submit a written update in Discord if you can’t make the live meeting); employees can set their own schedule.
We value output over time spent “working,” but we also understand that putting in more raw hours is likely to lead to more (and improved) output. If team members work on a weekend, it’s because they want to–no one ever asks for it. Our experienced leadership team knows that time away from work is critical to keeping everyone fresh and performing at their best so using vacation is strongly encouraged!
Benefits and Perks
- Up to 100% healthcare coverage
- Optional Dental & Vision
- Unlimited PTO and Sick Leave
- Stipend for a home office (plus brand new Macbook Pro)
- Personal Development and Learning support
Everyone on the Here team has weekly 1:1s with their manager. We’re building a culture where we give and receive fast, real-time feedback on work product. And, we hold annual performance reviews.
The interview process at Here typically takes about 1 to 2 weeks to complete. Here’s what you can expect:
- First chat with one co-founder
- Second chat with the other co-founder
- Full Loop with team (about 4 hours, can be done in one day or split across two)
- Decision typically within 48 hours of full loop (usually faster)
All conversations happen in Here which is a great way for you to experience the product and learn about us since you get to see our rooms.