Our mission is simple: to expand access to behavioral health services for all. We strive to create tools that will make quality behavioral health care easier and more accessible to all who need it.
We started Juniper after our personal experiences with mental health intersected with the realization of the immense challenges that clinicians face every day. We've grown up with close family and friends deeply involved in autism, Down syndrome, depression, and other mental health communities — and while we've seen how much of a difference effective treatment can make, we've also seen how difficult the process to get there can be simply because of logistical hurdles.
- Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion: We will create a supportive and inclusive space - and ensure that every aspect of our culture and our interaction model promotes inclusivity.
- Growing together: We are invested in each others' growth and development. We will bring a culture of compassionate transparency for positive growth and accountability.
- Results over work: At Juniper, we want to build a sustainable culture where our teammates feel like they can grow in their career without burning out. This means that while we love folks that are passionate about the work they do, we'll never expect people to burn the midnight oil at the expense of their mental or physical health.
☀️ Benefits & Perks
- Healthcare: Cigna + Oscar coverage with Platinum PPO provided, as well as free, virtual urgent care
- Mental health: If your mental health provider is out-of-network, we’ll help reimburse up to $100 per treatment week to ensure you can see the mental health provider that’s the best fit for you
- Dental: Beam Dental, with 100% coverage for preventative services
- Vision: Beam / VSP Vision
- PTO: 18 days of paid vacation each year - we genuinely want to encourage you to take days off, and studies have shown that on average employees will take more PTO if they are offered a set number of days (rather than unlimited)!
- Team events: Public health recommendations permitting, we host monthly team events to provide opportunities for team bonding outside of work! Our team events never center around alcohol, as many case studies have indicated alcohol-forward events often exclude certain groups - so instead, we focus on activity-based events (e.g., dinners, mini-golf, board games, escape rooms)
- Commuting: $125 monthly transportation stipend for individuals working in-person in the office
- Wellness: $100 fitness benefit for you to spend on anything health and wellness related (such as a mental health provider)
- Book club: We subsidize & host a monthly book club, with each book and theme chosen by a different team member each month (e.g., startup, DEI, neurodiversity/mental health, product, business, leadership)
Diversity, equity, and inclusion have been a priority since day 1. Currently, half of our leadership team (COO + CTO) identify as female, and our cap table includes over a dozen women. We still have a ways to go, but we’re committed to sourcing, hiring, and retaining talent from underrepresented folks in tech and outside of tech.
🏢 Where we work
We are hiring remotely for positions in the United States with a preference for candidates in New York.
✏️ Interview process
We like to move at whatever speed our candidates are most comfortable with! Our job interview process:
- Starts with a series of coffee chats with members of our team to get to know each other
- Then, we typically conduct a ~45-minute “craft” screen
- And, wrap up with a ~3-hour interview comprising of both technical & non-technical sessions
📈 Career growth
We believe in consistent and frequent feedback, and our teammates have 1:1s with their managers weekly, as well as 1:1s with all founders at least monthly. More formalized performance reviews to come as our team grows!
🖖 Work / life balance
As a mental health company, work/life balance is one of our top priorities in preserving and supporting the mental health of our employees. We protect our teammates’ weekends and nights, with weekend work only driven by personal ambition. We also offer fully flexible working hours based on the schedule that works best for you.
✨ Work style
Our mission to change behavioral health starts with us and how we operate. We don’t want to just change behavioral health, we want to change the way startups operate. Here are a few tactical examples:
- Behavioral health is something we live and breathe — all four members of the Juniper leadership team see therapists every week, and we have a specific mental health benefit to help if that's something you're interested in exploring!
- We have to have a sense of humor. Healthcare is so broken, it's depressing if you don't laugh with us.