Mission and Values
Our mission statement (a poem):
We help organizations practice Honest Security
Building software that secures and manages digital assets
While demonstrating empathy, respect, and care for what is most important – people
Empowering them to do the best work of their lives.
Kolide’s SaaS app sends employees important, timely, and relevant security recommendations for their Linux, Mac, and Windows devices, right inside Slack. It's perfect for organizations that care deeply about compliance and security but don’t want to get there by locking down devices to the point where they become unusable. Instead of frustrating employees, Kolide educates them about security and device management while directing them to fix important problems.
Kolide cares about our team, our culture, and values transparency and honesty. We emphasize an inclusive and collaborative atmosphere at Kolide. People get along best when relationships are organic. We don't believe in corporate Kool-Aid; there is no quasi-religious mission statement. We are a team that gets along predicated on the ethos of 'be a decent human'.
40% of leadership roles at Kolide are held by women.
We are currently a team of 18 and plan to add 5 more over the course of the year. We are remote and distributed across the U.S.
As a remote team, we are in communication with each other throughout the day via Slack and video calls, though we only have two all-hands meetings per week. Our team is passionate about creating a user experience that is honest and transparent, which is how we operate internally as well. Kolide values empathy for each other and our end-users. As a team, we come together once per quarter in person (when safe!) to work together and get to know each other better.
We recognize that everyone works a little differently. Our team members know their schedules best, and we all have commitments outside of work. We want employees to show up as their best selves, so we encourage them to work when they can be their most productive. As a remote company, we want you to work when it's right for you, where it’s right for you.
There is no expectation at Kolide to work evenings or weekends. In fact, we discourage it! We ask that everyone set their hours in Slack and their hours maintain a 3-hour overlap with Eastern standard hours. Many folks will let the team know when they are going out to walk their dog, run to an appointment, or have to leave early to pick their kids up from school. This is expected and welcomed at Kolide.
Benefits and Perks
- 🕑 Flexible working hours
- 💰 Fully remote culture (with $2k stipend for office setup)
- 🏥 Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage (100% of monthly premiums covered, plus $500 towards deductibles). We have a Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO plan.
- 👪 12-weeks fully paid parental leave: This is open to employees of all genders who become parents through birth or adoption.
- 🏖️ Open, unlimited vacation policy (plus 10 paid company holidays)
- 🚴🏽♂️ Health and Wellness reimbursement ($50/monthly)
- 📱Phone stipend ($75/monthly)
- 💻 Internet stipend ($60/monthly)
- ✈️️ 1 fully paid conference per year
- 📚 Education reimbursement ($500/year): Learn anything you want, regardless of whether it is related to your job
- 🏦 401k Retirement Plan
- 🌼 Life and long term disability insurance
Kolide is committed to developing a formal performance evaluation process and we are working on it now.
We have an Employee Success Manager as well as a Director of Operations who are both dedicated to people operations.
From start to finish, we hope that candidates will have an answer in three weeks from when they apply.
- After application review, candidates will have a phone interview with the hiring manager.
- After that, they will meet with 2-3 team members.
- Finally, they will have a meeting with our CEO.
For engineering roles, candidates will complete an assignment for which we only allow three hours to complete to make sure that you are not spending too much time on an unpaid project. We will also check two references supplied by the candidate.
Kolide will always follow up to let you know if we are not moving forward with your candidacy.