Otter is on a mission to create a world of care and opportunity by connecting parents who need childcare with caregivers in their community. Our goal is for every child to have access to safe, high-quality childcare. Over the next ten years, Otter will facilitate millions of hours of childcare and unlock billions of new economic opportunities for caregivers. We believe care work is real work.
We're just getting started: so far, we’ve helped more than 3,500 stay-at-home parents provide care and earn more than $20 million collectively. You can learn more about Otter in Forbes, on Sequoia’s website and Medium page, or on our website.
- Care first
- Always build trust
- Be rigorous
Our operating principles:
- Do the right thing, even when it’s hard
- Win some, learn some
- Build for diversity
☀️ Benefits & Perks
- Healthcare: We offer free medical, vision, and dental benefits for you and your dependents.
- 401(k): we offer a 401(k) plan so you can plan for your future, starting now.
- 7-year option exercise window: we offer a 7-year exercise window to exercise options for people who stay with Otter for two years or more.
- Flexible time off: we offer unlimited PTO so employees can recharge as they need and take time to do the things they love — and we’ll insist they take the time.
- Parental leave: we offer 16 weeks of paid parental leave and flexible schedules as you come back to work so you can spend time with your growing family.
- Dependent care FSA: You can set aside up to $5,000/yr pre-tax to put towards care for any of your dependents — and we will contribute up to $2,500 of that amount.
Our compensation philosophy
We articulated our compensation philosophy when we were still a team of two. It was our way of taking care of our team before they walked in the (metaphorical) door.
Otter’s compensation strategy fits together as a whole, with each individual piece making sense in light of the overall strategy.
Like individuals should be treated alike. There should be no differentiation based on irrelevant factors, like a better understanding of equity compensation.
Otter’s compensation strategy should be clear and easily understood by team members.
✨ Work style
To build childcare that feels like family for families everywhere, we need a team with all kinds of different perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds.