We are building the fastest email experience in the world. Our customers fly through their inbox twice as fast as before – more than half hit Inbox Zero within 4 hours. At Superhuman, we deeply understand how to build products that people love. We incorporate fun and play; we infuse magic and joy; we make experiences that amaze and delight.
It all starts with the right team — a team that deeply cares about values, customers, and each other. Come shape the future of email, communication, and productivity!
- Create delight: With every action, we aim to pleasantly surprise our customers & each other. What we make people feel is just as important as what we make.
- Remarkable quality: Go above and beyond. We're here to do the best work of our lives, and we hope you are too. We strive to think through and elegantly solve every edge case, and we go the extra mile to provide solutions to our customers.
- Be intentional: Be thoughtful, deliberate, and intentional. We think deeply about how customers will feel when we design new experiences. Everything that we do, we do for a reason. This applies to the entire customer journey, as well as our internal decision-making.
☀️ Benefits & Perks
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance: 100% coverage for you, 75% coverage for all your dependents.
- Voluntary insurance: short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance.
- 401(k) plan (we match 75 cents per dollar, up to 4% of your salary).
- Take as much vacation as you like!
- Flexible parental leave up to 16 weeks, 12 weeks paid
- $3000 per year towards your professional development.
- Allyship education program to help build your best self.
- Custom MacBook Pro.
- $1000 budget for workstation setup.
- $60/week for your lunches, groceries, or whatever nutrition you need to stay fueled up!
- Flexible spending accounts for commuter costs, dependent care, and healthcare expenses.
- Visa support includes applying/sponsoring for Green Cards.
- Dedicated HR department and employee Code of Conduct
We have a team of 116 people now and hope to be at 120 by the end of 2022.
43% of leadership positions at Superhuman are held by women.
✏️ Interview process
We try to make the process as delightful as possible by treating candidates with respect in our communication, transparency, and timeliness.
• Candidates can expect one or two calls (30-60 minutes each) before an invitation for an onsite interview – presently conducted via video.
• Depending on the role, an onsite interview may have three to five different meetings. Our recruiting team will often offer candidates a prep call in advance – to help candidates know what to expect and how to prepare.
• If candidates move past the first onsite, we will schedule an AMA-style social that allows them to meet people on the team they'll be joining. This isn't an interview, and we don't grade it.
• From there, we would check references and prepare an offer to invite them to join the team!
If at any point we feel like it's not a good fit on either side, we let candidates know as soon as possible. For some roles, that may happen live during a call or an onsite. For others, it may be a follow-up email. We are always happy to leave the door open if things change in the future!
Please meet some of your potential future colleagues: @teresaman @ketkiduvvuru @catwilmers, and @anitaisalska. If you’re curious about what it’s really like working at Superhuman, please reply to this post with questions.
Articles on Elpha:
📈 Career growth
Once you hit your 6 month mark with Superhuman, you will be added to our biannual Talent & Compensation review process. We evaluate each member of the team’s performance to transparent and easily accessible leveling matrices to evaluate performance, growth in role and resulting compensation. In between review cycles, we ask that each manager design regular growth plans, including personalized OKRs or performance goals that they can partner on together to drive growth and development. We also provide an annual “Level Up” budget to encourage employees to access growth and development opportunities externally, too! We work hard at Superhuman to create a culture of actionable, omnidirectional feedback. Hence, at any given time, individuals always know what they're doing well, how to lean into their strengths, and their main opportunities to maximize their impact on the team and company.Our People Team’s northstar is to lead with trust and authenticity, deliver high quality experiences, and enable others in the organization to do their most impactful work. Today we are a 6 person team that spans Operations, Internal Communications, Community and Belonging, Employee Experience, Total Rewards, and Learning and Development.
Our People Team’s northstar is to lead with trust and authenticity, deliver high quality experiences, and enable others in the organization to do their most impactful work. Today we are a 6 person team that spans Operations, Internal Communications, Community and Belonging, Employee Experience, Total Rewards, and Learning and Development.
✨ Work style
Our culture and workdays reflect our product: we incorporate fun and play; we infuse magic and joy; we create experiences that amaze and delight. We're intentional about taking time to check in our progress through things like All Hands, monthly team surveys, and transparent email/Slack practices. But we love to take time to celebrate together — both corportately at our weekly Friday Wins or our larger anniversaries and milestone moments for the company, and individually through surprise and delight moments catered to our Superhumans' personal preferences. We asked our team for some verbatims and heard "delightful," "intentional," and "transparent."