Zapier is on a mission to make automation incredibly easy and accessible to everyone at work. With Zapier, you can integrate over 5,000 apps like Salesforce, Intuit, Google, and Dropbox, to move data between them automatically, so you can focus on your most important work.
Our values in action:
Default to action: “When I see a problem, I take action.” over “When I see a problem, I ignore it because it's someone else's job.”
Default to Transparency: "I share my work with my peers early and often so we can course-correct quickly." over "I share my masterpiece at the end in a big grand reveal."
Grow Through Feedback: “When I hear feedback, I improve with it.” vs. “When I hear feedback, I disengage.”
Empathy over Ego: “I work with others to build on great ideas." vs. “I work alone because my ideas are the best.”
Build the Robot: "If I see repetitive tasks, I find tools, process, or code that can help us grow efficiently." vs. "I keep doing things the way they've always been done because it's familiar."
Learn more about our values here.
☀️ Benefits & Perks
Total Rewards Package:
* Total Cash Compensation - We offer competitive base salaries for all of our roles and at every level. Base pay represents the largest part of your total compensation. We pay at the 90th percentile of the market in every country where we hire. Our bonus program is based on company performance and represents the second part of your total compensation. Zapier has been profitable since 2014 and we owe that success to our employees, so we are transparent in sharing our Annual Recurring Revenue (ARR) with employees on a regular basis. Together with base pay, this makes up your total cash compensation. We conduct a structured and calibrated Annual Salary Review that ensures each employee’s base salary effectively reflects both the talent market and their competency for their current role and level.
* Equity for All - Upon joining our team, every Zapien will receive either stock options or—in the case of several countries where we cannot grant equity—a cash bonus plan with the same vesting schedule. Vesting generally begins on your start date with Zapier.
* Health and Retirement Benefits - We offer a comprehensive health benefits package and retirement savings plans with a 4% match. While we support Zapiens worldwide the best we can, healthcare & retirement plans vary on a country-by-country basis & are not provided to those outside our entities. A regional benefits premium is added to the salary ranges for team members who are in countries where we do not offer company-sponsored benefits.
* Paid Time Off - Work/life balance is essential to us at Zapier, so we require everyone to take at least 10 days off each year. Most employees take 25 days off annually for vacation and holiday, plus sick time. *The amount of time varies by country.
* Parental Leave - We offer 14 weeks of paid parental leave for all new parents - mom or dad, biological or adopted - with no exceptions. *The amount of time covered may differ per country.
* Family Planning Support - Our fertility and family-forming benefit (through Carrot Fertility) offers inclusive fertility and family-forming coverage for all paths to parenthood — adoption, gestational carrier support, fertility treatments, pregnancy, and more.*Not all Carrot Fertility resources are available in all countries.
* Company Retreats (all expenses paid!) - We always have a BLAST at our company retreats, which are held annually. In addition, we often gather for individual team retreats in between. Zapiens have the option to attend in person or virtually. It's always great to travel to incredible places with awesome people.
* Professional Development Opportunities - We offer up to $2000US/year for Zapiens to spend on learning & development (ie: conferences, classes, coaching, therapy, you name it!). We also offer internal coaches, self-directed learning tools, and tons of informative workshops to all Zapiens.
* Tools for Work - We’ll set you up with any combination of Apple laptop & monitor you want. We offer an office setup budget of $3,500 that refreshes every three years, a $50US/month stipend for phone and internet, and up to $500US/year for software subscriptions.
* Zapiversary Rewards - We offer customized Zapiversary rewards on 1, 3, 5, 7, and 10-year work anniversaries to recognize team members for their commitment to Zapier.
* 100% Distributed Teams - Zapiens can work from anywhere based on worker status in a given country. We also offer flexible working hours (+ with no commute, we get time back every day!) *Because Zapier is an all-remote company and people can join our workforce from almost any country, we do not sponsor visas. Zapiens need to be authorized to work from their home location.
* While we support Zapiens around the world the best we can, healthcare plans are available in the UK, Canada, and United States. Retirement plans are currently available specifically in the UK, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, and the United States. A regional benefits premium is added directly to the salary ranges for team members who are in countries where we do not have entities or provide company-sponsored benefits. When recommendations are made for base salary, the benefits premium has already been factored in.
40% of our leadership team (Director roles and above) are held by women as of March 2022. The team overall is 700+ and we plan to hire around ~250 in the next year.
🏢 Where we work
We are a 100% remote and distributed team spanning 40+ countries around the world.
✏️ Interview process
Here's what happens when you apply for a remote position at Zapier:
When you apply for a role at Zapier, the application goes into our application tracking software.
The application is then evaluated based on evidence that demonstrates you have the relevant skills for the job. We also evaluate each applicant's writing and communication skills. We realize that no candidate is flawless, so we look for candidates who excel in one or two skills, and then build teams around these people to supplement where teammates aren't as strong. Our Recruiting team personally reviews every application and is committed to responding within seven days.
If you’re a good fit for the role, a Recruiter will reach out with a link to their Calendly to set up a time to connect with you. Recruiters use their time with you to learn more about your background, your skill set, and motivations for your next opportunity. After the Recruiter screen, Recruiters are committed to providing you with an update within seven days (but usually sooner!).
Job fit interview
If your background is a good fit with the role, your Recruiter will schedule 45 minutes to an hour for you to chat with the hiring manager. Here you'll be asked questions that dig into your relevant experience for this role, and you'll have a chance to evaluate whether or not Zapier matches up with the values you want to have in an employer. Your Recruiter will follow up with you within seven days after the Job Fit interview to provide you with an update on whether or not you’re moving to the next step.
After talking with the hiring manager, you'll go through a skills interview with the hiring team. Typically this interview is done over a Zoom video call, or a take-home skills test where applicable. This is a practical evaluation to see if you have the relevant skills to succeed in the role. You won't be evaluated on skills that don't matter. For example, we won't give whiteboard algorithm quizzes or ask you how many golf balls could fit inside a school bus. If you don't make it to this step, you'll hear back from us, letting you know we're passing over your application for this role. For some positions, we'll also evaluate relevant skills by administering a short exercise done outside of the interviews.
After the final interview, we evaluate each candidate who made it to this stage, and the hiring team makes a decision. If multiple candidates meet our hiring bar, we'll select the best candidate and ask for references. If no candidates meet the hiring bar, we then solicit more candidates and repeat at step two.
Reference and background checks: During the reference check, we reach out to the references you provided to get a better idea of what it's like to work with you. We also run a background check. We promise that we will never reach out to your existing employer without your permission.
Once references are complete, we'll make an offer to you including details about salary, benefits, and other relevant compensation details. Hopefully, you'll accept the offer, and we can start working out a start date and onboarding plan.
Please note that while we try to follow this standard interview process, some higher-level or managerial positions require a few extra steps. Your Recruiter will communicate the steps of the process with you so that you know what to expect.
At each point in this hiring process, we promise not to go silent on you. We strive to never go more than seven days without letting you know the status of your application.
📈 Career growth
We have quarterly check-ins that provide a chance to reflect with your manager on the past quarter’s performance and have a conversation about upcoming goals. Check-ins include a short feedback form filled out by both the manager and the direct report. Then they have a discussion to align and set goals for next time. Twice a year we offer 360 feedback to supplement manager feedback with guidance from around the company.
We also offer training and support on building a growth plan and having growth conversations with your manager. This includes training on determining your values, strengths, and interests. Then you turn this into a set of career goals to discuss with your manager. This process is supported by a Career Growth Framework, which outlines expectations at every level of the company.
Our 8-person L&D team offers internal workshops on coaching, difficult conversations, diversity, and more. We provide a $2000/yr budget for education and conferences. Every Zapien has access to a coach and a Birkman report. We also provide free access to external learning tools like Udemy, Masterclass, Treehouse, and more.
In 2021, Zapier launched its first externally-supported pay equity review and published the results companywide. This is now an annual practice that helps make sure that our internal pay practices produce consistent, equitable outcomes.
In addition, Zapier publishes all of its pay practices companywide in the spirit of our “default to transparency” value. And later in 2022, Zapier will publish all of its global salary bands—internally and externally.
💜 Diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging
Zapier is dedicated to building an open and inclusive work environment—one that's safe for people of all backgrounds. At Zapier, we also think that hiring and fostering a diverse team is just the right thing to do. We've had candid conversations about the experience of our teammates through the employee lifecycle—from the first impression we make as a company to our internal promotion process to our exit interview. We’ll continue to have those candid conversations and invest in our efforts to improve. Learn more about DIBE as our DNA in this blog post by Wade Foster, CEO.
We are also excited to share that in September of 2022, our very own Maggie Roque, Director of Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging, and Equity (DIBE), was recognized by Untapped as a ‘Walk the Walk’ Award winner, alongside the top DEIB leaders of 2022! At Zapier, we believe in DIBE as DNA. As a result of Maggie's leadership, Zapier now has year-by-year goals with supporting initiatives — including how we will measure success for each of our DIBE pillars: people, product, and the public good. Maggie has refined our DIBE strategy in alignment with Zapier’s mission, values, and business strategy. Her work helps ensure all Zapiens, especially our leaders, are equipped with the knowledge, tools, and resources to make it a consistent and standard way of operating. She has also provided mentorship to our employee resource groups, which include BIPOC of Zapier, Women of Zapier, and Prizm (LGBTQIA+). No matter what, at Zapier we can count on Maggie to align and empower our team toward tremendous DIBE impact as we pursue our mission to make automation work for everyone.
We have a dedicated People Ops team and everyone who joins Zapier agrees to follow our publicly available Code of Conduct, which spells out how everyone at Zapier should work with each other.
To maintain the safe and supportive environment we want to maintain at Zapier, Code of Conduct violations are investigated thoroughly and can result in immediate termination depending on the findings of the investigation.
There are a number of ways to report a Code of Conduct violation: Zapier employees can report to their manager, their department leader, or their People Business Partner as needed. They can also submit an anonymous report about a Code of Conduct or ethics violation through our 24-hour 3rd party ethics hotline.
🖖 Work / life balance
To us, work/life balance isn’t just about making time for your friends, family, and passions outside of work (although of course, that’s important). We also encourage people to take breaks during the day to connect with others in the company. This could be a monthly team lunch (since we're a remote company, we’ll expense your meal and often play an online game together) or a fun social to learn from others. One Zapien recently led a sake tasting!
We also have remote team weekly events to bring the entire company together. They’re optional and we record them for people who’d like to enjoy them on their own time. What’s more, we have over five hundred pages of #fun- Slack channels such as #fun-cooking, #fun-fitness, #funDND, and #fun-adulting, just to name a few.
That said, if you’re not taking enough vacation, your manager will give you a friendly reminder to do so. While we have unlimited PTO, we recommend Zapiens take at least 2 weeks, and most of us take 4-5 weeks per year in addition to local holidays.
✨ Work style
Our flexible, distributed environment lets us work with the best people from around the world. Zapiens live in 40+ countries, including the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more!