At Forestry.io, we believe the web is one of humanity’s greatest achievements and our mission is to help people build a better web. We are a group of passionate self-starters who thrive on building cutting edge technology that has real impact for users. We are building a visual editing experience for content. Tina CMS is a tool kit focused on the JAMstack and Tina Cloud is a next-generation content management system with open-core content management solutions with a GraphQL API backed by Git.
We are looking for a Technical Support and Data Analyst who, preferably, has a basic/introductory understanding of web development (HTML/CSS, Git/GitHub, JAMstack, general troubleshooting. In this hybrid role, you will balance your time between these two areas, each taking priority as needed. You will provide a unique bridge of insight between customers, data, and the team. You not only provide the numbers, but also the context. You also fix bugs, help the team in larger projects, while connecting with users in a support capacity. You see the bigger picture while working in the details and share that view with the whole team.
This is a temporary role, projected to last 12-16 months. You will be filling in during a parental leave period, but will overlap and be trained by the person holding this role currently to get up to speed quickly.
What You’ll Do
Metrics and Analytics
- Track and report on product usage metrics to gain a deeper understanding on how the users are interacting with the product and guide informed product decisions
- Track and report on marketing analytics
- Work with team to iterate on the strategy around what metrics we need to be collecting and analyzing
- Monitor the data to identify patterns, glean insights, and develop user stories based on data
- Work alongside the Product Manager to help guide product decisions by providing supporting analytics data
- Amplify the data within the company so they know what the users are thinking
- Connect the dots to user pain points and how to address them
- Provide a holistic approach to supporting Forestry.io users in their support needs
- Troubleshoot issues with our customers by testing out their JAMstack sites
- Answer user questions and help them navigate building their sites
- Provide education to users around the product when needed
- Dig into user base to understand what they will want/need in their transition to Tina
- Identify support patterns and develop documentation or fixes to ensure issues don’t persist
- Work with other members of the support team as needed
Skills and Experience
- Experience in analytics, defining key metrics, and executing experiments that drive strategy
- Experience building metric frameworks that lead to deeper understanding of user behavior
- Understanding of web development including HTML/CSS, Git/GitHub, and the JAMstack
- Previous experience with, or ability to learn Google Analytics, Segment, MixPanel and HubSpot