Sequin (Forbes, Fintech Mag, CardRates.com, Bustle) is looking for a Social Media & Community Manager to help cultivate, communicate to, and engage with our inspiring community of users (both current and future), while constantly evangelizing our mission to get women the credit they deserve.
Sequin’s first product is a debit card and credit-builder with rewards that pay back the Pink Tax, where women spend. Beyond this initial product, Sequin plans to build a suite of financial tools including premium credit cards, mortgages (women pay more, but are more likely to pay back), and loans for maternity leave.
Successful candidates will have prior experience in managing either Paid/Organic Social Media or community-led brand efforts, with an interest in increasing their scope to a more broad spectrum to implement a cohesive and consistent approach across all touchpoints. In this cross-functional role, you’ll use insights from Paid to influence Organic/Brand/Community initiatives, and vice-versa, and will be at the forefront of all external brand communications.
What you’ll do
- Create content and platform strategies for YouTube, Instagram, TikTok, and Twitter
- Own brand voice, and help translate brand POV and benefits to community through Sequin’s social media accounts
- Develop, implement, and manage a content calendar to ensure Sequin is participating in the right conversations at the right time, and always improving word of mouth referrals, etc
- Seek out audience insights from a variety of sources, including but not limited to interviews and panels with existing users
- Work with others internally at Sequin to drive the business forward and set short/long-term strategies and KPIs, and report on the progress toward these KPIs
- Be among the first marketing resources hired to help disrupt and positively change the conversation around women’s financial power
What you need to be successful
- A passion for our mission, and the ability to translate that passion into deep connections within the broader community (experience doing so is also highly valuable)
- 3 – 4 years experience in Marketing and PR, where you’ve helped launch branded content partnerships (either with publications, influencers, or other)
- 2 – 3 years spent growing engagement with owned website(s) and social media, and an expertise across at least 1 social media platform
- A deep understanding of content curation and social trends, and the ability to think through valuable partnerships within/across each
- Experience in developing a brand strategy, inclusive of value props, brand design, and specific brand-related KPIs, backing into specific goals over certain time horizons
- Experience, or an interest in, organizing monthly PR calls and owning elements of the PR/outreach field(s)
- Bonus points for content creation experience (specifically Photoshop, InDesign, etc)
If you’re interested in joining our team, please email your resume to [email protected]!