Who is Bright?
Bright’s mission is to give millions of people the best possible chance to overcome behavioral health concerns and to succeed in treatment. We do this by empowering providers and individuals with specialized, clinically validated tools that plug directly into existing care delivery workflows to activate diagnosis specific best practices. Bright’s digital solutions for eating disorders, addiction, mood and anxiety disorders and medical nutrition management are routinely used by 15,000 therapists and have supported over 1.8 million people in their journey to healing. Our solutions are covered by United Healthcare, Blue Cross Blue Shield, and Kaiser Permanente and have been adopted by some of the most prominent health systems, including UNC Health and Intermountain Healthcare. Through robust clinical trial evaluation and an approach that is scalable and equitable, we are working to be the most accessible (and most accessed) behavioral health clinical treatment platform.
Background on the Role
As the Senior Director of Marketing, you will be joining Bright as our first dedicated Marketing hire as we deepen and expand our reach and impact. Bright’s products hit upon a critical need with the right solution, and we are just getting started. The US is being gripped simultaneously by an unprecedented mental health worker shortage and a crisis in mental health. Bright is poised to address this enormous need and to positively impact countless lives in the process.
To date, our growth has been generated almost entirely by word-of-mouth and network effects. Just imagine what we can do with the right marketing engine! We are looking for a seasoned Marketing Leader with a passion for breaking down barriers to effective mental health treatment to help us meet our ambitious growth goals, leveraging best in class marketing strategies and experiments to accelerate reach.
About the Role
The Senior Director, Marketing will be responsible for individual, group practice and enterprise behavioral health provider customer acquisition working hand-in-hand with Bright’s leadership team and health plan partners to build and execute a long-term strategy focused on driving provider and member growth. The Senior Director of Marketing will own the growth of Bright’s user base, very directly influencing Bright’s ability to achieve their ultimate goal; positively impacting the effectiveness of providers and lives of the patients they serve, in turn, building a world class company. We are looking for someone with either strong direct Business-to-Consumer or indirect Business-to-Business-to-Consumer experience who is passionate about the digital wellness space. Bright is not pigeonholed as a provider (telehealth or brick and mortar) and as such, we have an opportunity to play a meaningful role in the modernization of the entire behavioral health care industry. We are looking for someone to play a key role in the realization of that mission.
Qualifications and Experience
- 10+ years of consumer marketing experience, some behavioral healthcare, digital healthcare or medical industry is preferred
- Able to develop and own a multi-channel integrated marketing strategy to drive user acquisition, retention, and engagement.
- Evaluate all of Bright’s current customer acquisition paths. Ensure the mix is appropriate for the respective products and their go-to-market goals.
- High EQ and fundamental respect for vulnerable patient populations which is reflected in copywriting.
- Generate awareness for Bright’s product offering, get practitioners and patients signed up and set up for success.
- Create and drive the member acquisition journey for different channels.
- Work with health plan, health system and enterprise provider partners to develop and execute on communication strategies to expand access to product by eligible members.
- Drive sophisticated email marketing and emarketing and, where appropriate, direct mailer and digital campaigns.
- Build repeatable, metrics-driven processes around customer acquisition.
- Partner closely with the Product team to build seamless acquisition to activation to engagement funnel
- Ready to roll up sleeves as an individual contributor, with a roadmap to the future to build out and lead your marketing team
- Lead with curiosity and an experimental mindset
- An expert on sophisticated email marketing campaigns
- Strong experience with customer relationship marketing
- Customer-centric and passionate about serving Bright’s customer base.
- Someone who is deeply curious and adaptable with high mental clock speed. Must thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Genuine passion for improving the lives of others through high impact digital solutions!