Sequin is a fintech on a mission to revolutionize women’s finances, starting with credit. Founded by payments experts from Visa & PayPal, Sequin is a Y Combinator backed company (S21) with high profile investment from IDEO, the Schwab Family, and Matrix Partners. Read more about Sequin’s $5.7M seed raise in Forbes, the Washington Post, TechCrunch, and other major publications!
Sequin is looking for a highly-skilled founding engineer to report to the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) and build / lead Sequin’s technology vision.
The founding engineer will be tasked with architecting, building, and testing the first banking platform of its kind (read: be prepared to get your hands dirty). This platform will provide an unprecedented degree of personalization, transparency, and control to customers over their Sequin banking experience - beginning with a suite of credit products and a mobile banking application.
Main requirements include 3+ years hands on engineering experience, ideally in payments at an industry-leading technology or fintech company. As Sequin evolves, the founding engineer will continue to lead the evolution of our fintech products and grow the engineering team to meet the needs of our customers.
- Hands-on Engineering
- Build V1 of the Sequin credit card suite, including everything from a mobile web dashboard to a mobile experience to back-end integrations with our financial partners
- Build quality assurance and data protection processes, ensuring all technology practices adhere to regulatory standards (financial and otherwise)
- Lay the initial infrastructure service architecture to give Sequin a technical advantage as it scales
- Monitor KPIs and budget to assess progress and performance
- 3+ Years of experience as a full-stack engineer
- 1+ Year of startup experience preferred
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Genuine and inspired belief in Sequin’s mission to increase financial access for women
- Payment Industry or Fintech experience
- Experience with mobile app development
~What We Offer~
- Entrepreneurial work environment alongside industry experts from Visa, PayPal and IDEO
- Leadership role in building the tech stack and team from the ground up
- Opportunity to use your skills and talents to empower women everywhere
- Generous equity
- Salary between $80K-$120K range