⬇️ Calling all skincare nerds! 🙋🏽♀️👩🏿🔬👩💻🕵🏼🔬
🦄 Skin Bliss is a mobile app that reinvents how we decide on, shop for, and use skincare.
We are an early-stage startup developing AI solutions for the skincare and beauty market. We are primarily a consumer-oriented mobile app for cosmetic insights and skincare routine recommendations. As an app, we grew quite rapidly without any marketing/branding/PR effort or plan, and now we are trying to catch up with it.
🦄 Are you ready to be in charge of a marketing strategy that will shape the future of a promising B2C beauty tech startup?
If so, join us as our Head of Marketing, and help us reach a milestone of 1M active users. Organically. Are you up to the challenge?
🦄 Your role
Being a consumer-facing mobile app, our objectives are straightforward:
Community building - how do we retain our existing users and turn them into a community? (Community-driven development)
- establish contact channels with our existing users (e.g. newsletters, in-app notifications, Facebook groups);
- develop a deep understanding of our user personas, consumer journeys, and the core performance metrics
- conduct user interviews for success stories (think Humans of Skin Bliss series)
- develop content strategies (in-app, on the web, and SoMe):plan and manage content strategies (research, production, delivery, and distribution across relevant channels - in-app, web, and SoMe):research trends (e.g. the hottest brand of 2021, etc), create topic timelinesoversee content production by freelancershow do we turn SoMe followers into users?
Growth - how do we reach 1M users with organic growth?
- raise awareness about our mission, who we are, and what we do (PR strategy, growth hacking techniques, influencer marketing)
- Build growth and acquisition funnels in relevant markets;
- ASO improvements and experiments - how do we make our app "editors' choice"?
- Help us drive more traffic to our landing page (SEO, keywords research, content strategy, GA)
- Find promo opportunities for our app (guest articles, speaking events, lists of "the best apps" we could be on, etc)
- help us identify and connect with relevant people and influencers - whom to follow, who is in, and who everybody listens to
Please note, we are not looking for an ad specialist. We are not interested in paid acquisition yet, we want to leverage our initial success in organic growth and optimize it properly.
You will have freedom in deciding what and how needs to be done. We are primarily performance-oriented, but we also appreciate learning opportunities from failed ideas and campaigns.
🦄 About you
- You have done this before. You don't need years of experience, but you need to be able to demonstrate relevant experience and some real-life examples of successfully implemented marketing strategies
- Ideally, you are a skincare nerd, and you live and breathe the problem we are trying to solve with our app, you follow the trends and know the cool brands.
- Analytical skills, you are not afraid of numbers and data, you can perform and analyze A/B experiments
- You have a basic knowledge of SEO principles, some working knowledge of Google Analytics
- You will know how to turn our vague ideas into reality; you will be able to guide us and advise us. We value brainstorming skills; resourcefulness, unbounded creativity
- We would love you to have experience with developing and executing social media strategies. If you have experience with video communication and marketing (TikTok/YT), it would be amazing.
- You are familiar with growth hacking and know at least basic principles; we are working on a budget so we need to use all organic promo resources and strategies we can possibly find
- You are able to research information, compare independent sources and draw conclusions
- Experience with running a successful newsletter is a plus
- Not a strict requirement, but we value a sense of style and knowledge of graphic design tools (we use Canva and Figma)
- You have a working knowledge of English, any additional language (especially Spanish or Portuguese) is a great plus
🦄 How to apply
Please, send us your resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email, please elaborate on your experience and ideas relevant for this job, describe a project/achievement you're most proud of, and tell us what you like and don't like about the Skin Bliss app.
⚠️This is an early-startup position, you will be our first employee. If you are looking for a slow-paced 9-5 in the office, this job won't be for you. If you like challenges, taking initiative, and owning and executing your own ideas, we might have a match.⚠️