Yunwenverse Media was started in Vancouver, BC in 2022 by Jessica Lam. The company is committed to delivering creative experiences for children based on the brand values of compassion, collaboration and relevance. The company’s first product is a virtual makerspace, www.karunaverse.org, aimed at igniting the spark in children and teens around the world to create, collaborate on, and share their ideas. In March 2020, Jessica entered Y Combinator in San Francisco, a start-up accelerator with her first CTO. The company did not get accepted. After gathering a small amount of feedback from the first site, which was hosted on WordPress, she decided to evolve the MVP. Through YC, she met her current CTO, Godswill Amogu, who is based in Lagos, Nigeria.
Together with Godswill, Karunaverse is now being built on a proprietary stack of Flutter and Golang. The site currently allows children via their caregivers to upload existing art or create art with a drawing tool. Eventually the goal is to launch the site with three additional sections: a writing component like Google Docs, a component for coding, like Scratch, and music making, like MusicMakerJAM. For now, the upcoming deliverable is to launch the second version of the MVP with only the drawing component active. The launch will also feature a company overview, gallery of (previously) uploaded art, and register and log-in pages.
We are looking for a short-term website project manager to:
- Support digital projects from initial concept to delivery across multiple platforms
- Proactively communicate with clients about production recommendations, risks, challenges, solutions and closely manage expectations
- Manages deadlines and action items for every project item to deliver project on time
- Leads daily or weekly project team meetings to review progress.
- Writes project status reports for the team
- Works with team members to gather content, create or amend pages and resolve any issues, as well as to check the quality of code, security and adaptability
- Conduct / assist with web scraping, site/data migrating, hosting management, SEO optimization and testing
Would be great if person has experience in WordPress, Flutter as well as start-up companies