VP Of Engineering
About POM Safe
At POM Safe we are committed to engineering solutions that make the world safer. We create mobile-app + IoT technology designed to improve personal safety and, importantly, Peace Of Mind (POM stands for Peace Of Mind!). Our solution is aimed at enterprise clients as well as consumers. We have developed our own hardware device (with a new cellular device coming out this fall) which pairs with our mobile app (iOS & Android) via Bluetooth. Enterprise customers get additional access to a dashboard to manage alerts triggered by POM Safe users.
- You’ve made mistakes, love to learn, and want to grow with us.
- You have experience driving overall technical strategy, architecture, and implementation.
- You’re looking to gain experience in technical leadership and mentorship.
- You’re comfortable figuring out how to solve and build what you haven’t before.
- Lead development team through management and mentorship.
- Identify, hire and lead new engineering talent as we grow.
- Develop standards and procedures to ensure that quality standards are met and consistent.
- Prepare and optimize the engineering budget.
- Drive technological developments and efficiency improvements.
- Manage release scheduling and timelines/roadmap.
- Assist sales with client requests with regards to our technical solutions/privacy.
- Work with product to review features, test cases, and QA.
- Engineering or similar degree.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Experience in recruiting engineers and contributors.
- Previous working experience in software design and developing customer-oriented platforms.
- Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- MongoDB experience and working knowledge of NoSQL best practices.
- Experience using AWS for all aspects of application development.
About Our Stack
We cover a lot! Hardware, Mobile, and Web Services with IoT sprinkled in for good measure. As for software we are in the process of re-platforming + migrating from Grails/React/Swift/Kotlin/RDS app to NodeJS(express)/Flutter/MongoDB. All services (legacy and new), as well as iOT development, are built on AWS.
Compensation & Benefits
- Very competitive salary dependent on experience.
- We are a remote team (who love to meet up every now and then!).
- Be a part of a company that values treating everyone with integrity & respect
- A great working environment full of people who are passionate about the work they do every day.
- This is a team where you can make a difference by building a great solution that positively impacts people’s lives.