Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built to connect independent brands with local retailers. I joined the team this past fall after having joined Faire's board meetings for the last 2+ years in my previous role as an investor.
I'm heading up the Strategy team and looking to hire a couple of Strategy Associates to join me and our two other team members. We tackle Faire's most interesting and strategic business questions - typically centering on growth strategies.
More detail about the role below. Feel free to ping me if interested ([email protected]).
Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future is local — there are over 2 million independent retailers in North America and Europe doing more than $2 trillion in revenue. At Faire, we're using the power of tech, data, and machine learning to connect this thriving community of entrepreneurs across the globe. Picture your favorite boutique in town — we help them discover the best products from around the world to sell in their stores. With the right tools and insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses everywhere can compete with these big box and e-commerce giants.
By supporting the growth of independent businesses, Faire is driving positive economic impact in local communities, globally. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. If you believe in community, come join ours.
About this role
This is an opportunity to be one of the first members of Faire’s core strategy team. You will help answer Faire’s most important and ambiguous strategic questions, including assessing major new product extensions, new categories, international expansion, and the evolution of Faire’s business and monetization model.
What you’ll do
- Break down complex and ambiguous questions with a mix of analytical rigor, customer insight, and input from internal and external experts
- Work closely with the product, analytics, marketing, finance, and ops teams to translate recommendations into execution
- Present your recommendations and debate their implications with Faire’s executive team
- Build the central nervous system at Faire and ensure that insights are accessible to all teams
- Strong analytical problem solving skills and ability to identify and synthesize insights from data
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to use verbal and written communication to express ideas clearly and succinctly
- Excellent at breaking down unstructured problems and synthesizing many disparate sources of information to deliver simple and thoughtful answers
- Strong business judgement, with ability to think across every dimension of the business
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative consumer and market research techniques
- Ability to operate with a high degree of autonomy and ownership
- Curiosity, low ego, and willingness to learn from a wide range of people
- A Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of experience across consulting, finance, business operations, product, strategy, or analytics roles
Why you’ll love working at Faire
- We are entrepreneurs: Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs. We believe entrepreneurship is a calling and our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business and taking part in the founding process.
- We are using technology and data to level the playing field: We are leveraging the power of product innovation and machine learning to connect brands and boutiques from all over the world, building a growing community of more than 350,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious and resourceful: Inquisitive by default, we explore every possibility, test every assumption, and develop creative solutions to the challenges at hand. We lead with curiosity and data in our decision making, and reason from a first principles mentality.