Our team needs some awesome female influence! I would love to hire a Lead Software Engineer with a passion for coding and a collaborative spirit. We have an amazing team of enthusiastic and entreprenurial engineers. Please apply if you think you're a fit:
LeaseLock helps the world find home.
We are the world’s leading insurtech platform for real estate. We insure over $1B in leases. Our customers include real estate behemoths like Greystar, Cushman Wakefield, Avenue5 Residential, Goldman Sachs, and TruAmerica. We recently closed a $52M Series B backed by world class investors including SoftBank Venture Asia, Westerly Winds, and Wildcat Venture Partners.
LeaseLock saw 400% growth in 2020 with more than 1.5M homes on our platform. We want to keep that momentum going—which is where you come in!
As a Lead Engineer, you promote new partnerships through a developer API. Your work makes it easy for external teams to quote and bind insurance coverage in real-time. You thrive in an open culture. You listen to everyone equally. You collaborate with warmth and positivity. Empathy guides your decision making. You take action, and adapt the plan to do the right thing. In the near future, you aspire to manage a team or continue growth as a Principal Engineer. You report to the VP of Engineering in Marina Del Rey.
Role is open to remote candidates within the US.
- Launch a new product line at LeaseLock!
- Build a developer API to expose a subset of LeaseLock's internal services
- Create documentation that makes integration with LeaseLock clear and easy
- Communicate with partners through Slack, email, and meetings
- Implement performance monitoring and profiling
- Maintain 99.99% uptime and low error rates
- Work with Product to expand use of LeaseLock's API
- Designed, built, and maintained an API
- Built highly available, low-latency web applications at scale
- Managed financial data and PII in a tightly regulated industry
- Worked with AWS, SQL, and "serverless" computing
- Collaborated with engineers through version control and peer reviews
- Written documentation for teams to build end-to-end solutions without consultation
- Been a developer advocate
- Presented technical solutions to non-technical partners in plain English
- At least 8 years of software engineering experience in a professional setting
- We hope to meet Lead and Principal–level candidates
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k matching
- Unlimited vacation time
- Equity in a venture-backed company
- Opportunity to build a brand from the ground up
- Help make a difference in housing affordability in America