At Render we are building a powerful, easy-to-use cloud platform to host anything online: from simple static sites to complex applications with dozens of microservices. Render offers the flexibility of traditional cloud providers without their complexity and maintenance headaches so developers and teams can focus on building products instead of managing servers. With tens of thousands of customers and rapidly increasing revenue, we're on to something big.
- We are guided by an unwavering focus on user experience and design. We love feedback and treat Render customers the way we'd like to be treated. We read every tweet, respond to questions from our community, and keep track of what our users need to be successful on Render. Moreover, all our product and infrastructure engineers participate in both on-call and support engineering rotations. Customer service is core to UX and a big differentiator in a crowded market like ours..
- We value personal and collective integrity and always pick right over convenient. We cultivate mutual trust and respect, empowering us to debate ideas effectively and create the best outcomes for our customers and our team.
- Two of Render's core personal attributes drive our unified commitment to personal growth: Continuous Learning and Candor with Empathy. We believe in a growth mindset and provide an environment where everyone can learn and thrive.
☀️ Benefits & Perks
Our benefits are carefully designed to support you and your loved ones now and in the future.
- Employee-friendly stock option exercise windows. We're also committed to compensation parity, with regular reviews comparing internal and market data.
- 4 weeks of paid vacation, available from day one.
- 10 paid company holidays and 2 floating holidays for employees to use.
- 12 weeks of fully paid parental leave for all parents to bond with a newly born, adopted, or fostered child. We will also work with you to create a supportive plan of return.
- 100% employer-paid medical coverage and 99% employer-paid dental and vision coverage for you and a dependent. FSAs available too.
- Monthly wellness stipend.
- Local commuter benefits.
- Continuous learning benefits & related support.
We're at 50 Renders today with a goal to end 2022 at 60. We're looking for individuals with high integrity, low ego, and an insatiable drive to learn.
Women represent 50% of Render's leadership. Our engineering team is led by @uma. Follow her on Twitter and listen to Uma share strategies on how to cultivate a blameless culture here. Additionally, our Business Strategy & Ops and People & Talent functions are led by women.
✏️ Interview process
We hope your experience with us reflects a thoughtful process that is illuminative, enjoyable, and respectful of your time no matter the outcome.
That’s why we uniquely craft the interview process for each role, based on carefully thought-out job descriptions and rigorous competency-based rubrics. This won't be a gatekeeping exercise: we actively seek new perspectives to learn from regardless of background. We aim to represent daily responsibilities in our questions and exercises. We do our best to ensure you feel comfortable enough to show us your strengths. We are flexible where possible to account for different life circumstances (i.e. offering the option to take an assignment home or complete it live). We expect this to be a mutual process where you are counter-interviewing us.
We will keep you informed throughout the process and will respond within a few days to a week after each stage. We don't ghost.
🖖 Work / life balance
We care about outcomes, not face time. We don't have hard and fast rules, but most of us try to get in around 10 and leave by 6 or 7. We take care of ourselves and actively make sure we keep the pace sustainable to avoid burnout.
✨ Work style
Before the pandemic, we ate lunch together and had informal gatherings most Friday evenings. We celebrated milestones and birthdays at nice restaurants. We often hosted Renders and their families over for dinner at the founder’s house, and a semi-annual company retreat in a picturesque location. When we return to the office, we expect some of these spontaneous practices to return, even if slightly modified.
During the pandemic, we have gathered a few times for socially distanced, outdoor events (when safe and within local guidelines), shared photos of our families and pets in Slack and celebrated their cameos on Zoom calls. Given our size you will also play a big role in shaping how we socialize and bond!
Regardless of the virtual or in-person format, we'll always take time to reconnect and discuss major company decisions at our bi-weekly All Hands.