Heavybit is the leading investor in developer-first companies with an unrivaled track record helping technical founders achieve breakout success.
If you’re a creative and data-driven content marketer with a proven record of building growth and awareness for technical content, this is a phenomenal opportunity for you. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, you’ll own content marketing and editorial, and cement Heavybit's authority as the leading fund for developer and enterprise startups.
- Act as editor-in-chief for the Heavybit Library by developing and executing on a comprehensive content strategy to boost brand awareness, engagement, and founder learning.
- Create and manage an editorial calendar for content planning and distribution, and perform regular audits for gap analysis. This includes incorporating and leveraging timely industry events, developer trends, social media trends, and emerging startup channels into your calendar of content and promotions.
- Produce and edit a wide range of content on a min weekly cadence consistent with our brand voice including blog posts, social media posts, long-format e-books, guides, case studies, newsletters, drip-campaigns and any content corresponding to emerging business needs and/or marketing moments.
- Drive content-related traffic and engagement by owning content analytics (including social, search and referral patterns) to make data-driven decisions about current and future approaches that will best serve our developer-first founder audience.
- Recruit, enable, and motivate influential founders and advisors from the Heavybit community to share and produce additional content and amplify our reach
- Strengthen and diversify Heavybit’s content program by identifying new content and syndication opportunities.
- Act as a trusted content advisor for dozens of portfolio companies including counseling them on key content-related metrics, outreach and distribution strategy, and editorial hires.
- 4 years of relevant first-hand experience as a content marketer, business editor or tech journalist
- Strong editorial judgment and excellent copy editing skills
- Experience driving top of funnel growth KPIs with content
- Experience with content amplification including but not limited to HackerNews, Twitter, Twitch, YouTube, Reddit, HackerNoon, etc.
- Attention to detail and ability to lead multiple projects with multiple stakeholders. This includes leading private and public conversations with leaders and content creators.
- Proficiency with SEO, HTML, social media, CMS tooling
- Some experience with video and podcasting tools preferred
- Candidates must be able to join weekly collaboration meetings and engage with content contributors during regular PST business hours.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive Salary based on experience
- Comprehensive health plan including vision and dental
- Flexible time off and vacation policy
- Parental leave
To apply please send a cover letter including links to 3 recently published pieces and your CV to [email protected]