I had a company extend an offer on Thursday, March 9. I responded with a counteroffer later that day which they got back to me on Friday and said that they were firm on their offer. That same Friday I responded and let them know that I will think over the offer and get back to them early next week (which is this week).
Tuesday rolls around and I got an email saying that they had rescinded the offer. I asked them why and they said "We decided to officially rescind the offer because your asking wage was much higher than the position called for, and we didn't hear back from you by Tuesday afternoon which we thought was ample time to consider whether or not to take the position."
I just want to hear your thoughts because I'm so confused.