Open Collective Foundation is looking for senior "full-stack" software engineers who are excited about open source, making communities sustainable, and transparent finances. Want to support mutual aid, climate action, and social justice projects? Come work with our team!
We welcome applications from people working in the Solidarity Economy and/or with non-traditional career histories, and those seeking flexible work schedules and a good balance of time for family and wellbeing.
We think you’d be great at this if you:
- Are comfortable in a highly autonomous remote environment that is at the same time highly collaborative—you can run a feature end to end on your own, while working within the team sprint process and keeping up good communication.
- Are based within 6 hours of Central European Time (to optimize timezone overlaps), e.g. North + South America, Europe, Africa, Central + South Asia.
- Are excited about our mission and share our philosophy.
Pay & Benefits
Pay is transparent, based on your location and level of experience. For US employees, we can provide benefits including health insurance and 401k.
What is Open Collective?
Open source money management software for the commons. Open Collective is a tech platform that enables a network of 600+ nonprofits, co-ops, and fiscal hosts to support 7000+ groups to raise and spend $35 million each year with full transparency.
What is Open Collective Foundation?
Access nonprofit status overnight. OCF is a 501(c)(3) non-profit that uses the Open Collective software platform to fiscally sponsor nearly 400 initiatives in the US, like mutual aid, social justice, climate action, and tech for good projects.
What kind of workplace is this?
We strive to create inclusive, respectful and sustainable communities and we're 100% open source. We are a remote-first team that loves distributed leadership and autonomy within collaboration around the world. This start-up culture is truly different – it's one of care, listening, rigor, and autonomy within collaboration.Those hired in these developer roles will be employed by OCF as part of our team, while also being fully integrated into the engineering and design team building the global tech platform.More info
- Job posting
- Explainer videos: Open Collective & OCF
- Docs: Open Collective & OCF
- Join our Slack
- Read our blog
Please email us with "Senior Software Engineer" as subject, and cover the following:
- About you. What's your story? Where you are coming from? What's you current status?
- About us. How did you hear about Open Collective? What do you find interesting about it?
- Experience. What is your greatest achievement in software engineering? Can you share a link to your GitHub or a project demonstrating your skill as a full stack engineer using our tech stack?
- Passion. Can you tell us about a past project you're proud of (it doesn’t have to be an engineering one or even a technical one)? What do you think you can bring to Open Collective?
As part of our screening process, we'll also ask you to make a small contribution to our codebase.