Lessons learned from helping SaaS founders exit with million-dollar deals (we closed another M&A deal last Friday, with the founder selling to a multibillion-dollar PE firm):
1. It's ok to be small but fast growing and profitable
2. Focus on building the best product (not 10% better, etc)
3. Focus on your customers and helping them grow their business with your product
4. Growth + Profit is a magic compbination
5. Be prepared with clearn financials
6. Never stop selling - yourself, your products and your vision.
P.S. Who are the best founders of the fast growing startup in San Fran to meet in the week of Feb 6 to 10?