Rythm is a nontoxic sexual wellness platform that syncs sex, cycle, and vaginal care products into a holistic guided experience. We like to think of ourselves as a Pleasure Concierge, in which we provide personalized product recommendations.
When it comes to sexual wellness, ~98% of vaginal care products have at least one toxic ingredient. This causes irritations, infections, and visits to the doctor's office. Meanwhile, the average OBGYN has less than 10 hours of sexual health education. On a mission to tune a vulva haver’s pleasure journey, we envision a world where humans with vulvas have better relationships with their bodies, parts, and partners.
We value community, transparency, and agility. We are currently in stealth mode and looking to build our founding team before fundraising for our pre-seed round with a launch date of Fall 2022. If you are a curious operator driven by building culture and taking something from zero to one, then this one is for you!
About the Founder:
Alysha Malik is the co-founder of Radiche, a blog that analyzes human behavior and business models. She has interviewed over 150+ consumer-facing companies such as Prose, Kin, Care/of, Hydrant, Candid, Burrow, Thinx, Smalls, etc to foster relationships with PR and Investors. She then worked in the VC space with a family office and launched a startup studio with a focus on health and wellness and managed their EIR program. Most recently, she led market research, product marketing, and development at sexual wellness startup, Dame Products. She is now on a mission to use her business acumen and learnings to launch Rythm and develop the first pleasure network.
The Ideal Candidate:
● Undergraduate degree and a minimum of 5-10 years of work experience.
● Background in management consulting, finance, biz ops, and/or operations at a consumer goods startup
● A willingness to roll up your sleeves and execute
● Strong written communication skills; engaging verbal communication and presence to work directly with and negotiate with partners and suppliers
● Strategic mindset and proven analytical abilities; ready to own operations deliverables and customer-facing logistics with an eye to improving processes and reducing costs
● Detail-oriented and organized - you will be expected to own your workstreams and deliver against timelines you will co-create with the CEO
● Entrepreneurial spirit and eagerness to learn on the fly every day
● Mission-driven and have a deep interest in women’s sexual wellness and intimate relationships
● Passion for consumer startups and excitement to join a small but mighty team!
Operations Set up and Project Management
● Set up our payment plaftorms, dropship software, and onboard brands to the software
● Manage the websit build out, UX/UI testing, and the development of website design and copy
● Manage customer service, interns and other freelancers
●Own the financial operations of Rythm from end to end.
●Maintain key financial documents, including P&L, Cash Flow, and Balance Sheet
●Build a forecasting model for 2023 and onwards, building in assumptions about growth and demand, so we can plan for our upcoming years.
●Continuously look for business growth opportunities and ways to improve efficiencies and processes to ensure long-term financial success.
Inventory & Fulfillment Strategy
●Own our fulfillment strategy for the distribution of all our wholesale products that ship out.
●Set up Inventory management workflows and SOPs to constantly be optimizing inventory on hand and reordering with our vendors.
●Produce financial models to evaluate various warehouse, payments processing, and shipping options.
●Manage to oversee vendor payments and constantly negotiate payment terms to optimize cashflow.
●Produce financial models to evaluate different warehouse locations/vendor/courier options.
●Create and operationalize the process for drop shipping through partnerships we have with third-party retailers.
●Own all processes relevant to fulfillment, including returns; defective products; and the pick & pack process.
●Manage all our regular business admin activities.
●Own the relationship with our accounting firm, ensuring that our books are balanced.
●In conjunction with our accounting firm, ensure that all relevant filings (federal and state) are submitted in a timely manner.
●Own our relationship with our insurance company, and re-evaluate our coverage on a regular basis.
●Onboard new vendors and employees and get them set up in all systems.
● Act as accounts payable, ensuring that all invoices are submitted and then paid as per the payment terms.
Salary: Flexible, up to $100,000 +- Equity.
Don’t beat around the bush! If you are interested in applying for this role, please email [email protected] with your resume and a blurb about why you would be a good fit. Or just casually say Hi!
This is a temp to perm position for NYC only!