Who We Are
I.G. Advisors (I.G.) is an award-winning strategy consultancy specialising in social and environmental change. Our mission is to build the capacity of nonprofits, businesses and philanthropists to achieve impact and growth — from grassroots organisations working tirelessly in their communities through to those seeking large-scale, systemic change. Our collective intelligence, unparalleled cross-sector network and hands-on team expertise makes us the advisor, partner and employer of choice for those who care about doing good, allowing our clients to better achieve their goals. We’re based in London, but have a global team, and work with clients on every continent.
In addition to our consulting services, we also have a Sector Transformation practice, where we proactively innovate and incubate initiatives that will improve the impact sector. The most notable part of this work is The Mesa – an innovative programme of I.G.’s that primarily consists of a platform for donor networks to build thriving, interactive and impactful online communities of donors. Users of the platform can connect with like-minded peers, develop their philanthropic prowess and become more ethical stewards of wealth.
The Mesa’s technology is a native app, with a sophisticated onboarding journey and a content-driven social media approach that encourages more and better giving from donors alongside their peers. As a start-up programme, we have built a minimum viable product that is in operation with a handful of clients who are engaging on the platform.
Get to know us:
- Review I.G.’s new creds deck and our 10 Years of Impact and Growth report
- Read I.G.’s thought leadership on Medium
- Check out our websites: I.G. and The Mesa
- Listen to our What Donors Want podcast
- Read what our team says about working at I.G. Advisors
Why Work Alongside the Team at I.G. Advisors?
At I.G. Advisors, our team is made up of the most driven, dynamic and ambitious talent from across the sector, and we are always challenging ourselves and each other to do better. We practice what we preach to our clients, partners, and contractors, with everyone expected to have integrity, and uphold a fundamental responsibility to be honest, ethical and true to our values. We have a high support, high intensity workplace, where it is possible to learn, grow, develop and achieve impact beyond your wildest dreams, as long as you have tenacity, imagination and compassion.
We have a flexible working environment, which enables the team to create the best work possible, while also prioritising the other things that are important in your life. We encourage everyone to pursue their greatest potential - both in and outside the workplace - so they can be satisfied and fulfilled.
About the Role
The Mesa has been through many evolutions and now exists as a strategic programme of I.G. Advisors. With that shift has come the need for a detail-oriented and adaptive Project Manager to handle the day-to-day operations and serve as guardian for the programme. This will include managing everyday engagement and interactions with current client relationships, serving as the primary point-of-contact for the platform vendors (especially our technology partner), and running all aspects of The Mesa technology.
This is an individual contributor role that will report into the Chief Executive, but primarily work on their own, and can be fully remote. Therefore, we are looking for a person who will deliver high quality work within deadlines and is a self-starter who can lead on many different tasks with little oversight. To be successful, it will require problem-solving, prioritisation, and creativity to solve issues with the technology that arise, alongside the more day-to-day components of the role.
- Provide high-quality project management for the delivery of The Mesa’s services (B2B platform contracts, and occasionally strategy development contracts), working independently and proactively, managing workload effectively and completing tasks on time, with a focus on quality, timely communications, and meeting client expectations.
- Support the ongoing management and monitoring of client contracts throughout the contract cycle, ensuring project documents are up-to-date, and that project activities are compliant.
- Co-create a close out process for contract endings, ensuring project activities, access, and documentation / information held is removed in line with GDPR.
- Project manage ongoing grant funded projects including regular communications and reporting to our strategic project partner.
- Manage contracts, licences, and payments with external providers (e.g. outsourced developer team, platform hosting providers, third-party add-ons). Where required negotiating and managing the implementation of new contracts.
- Responsible for the proactive implementation of the organisational Information and Security Management Policy for the activities of The Mesa, ensuring data security and compliance in line with GDPR.
Relationship & Account Management
- Develop and build positive, excellent relationships in a highly professional manner with clients.
- Manage a portfolio of relationships with existing clients, maintaining clear and proactive, two-way communication and support, in alignment with our partnerships approach ethos.
- Consistently deliver high quality work that meets client expectations, resolve client queries or concerns in a timely manner, and liaise with other departments (if and when applicable).
- Act with integrity, directly addressing issues and taking an ethical, honest and open approach to team and client working.
- Manage the ongoing relationship and contractual agreement with our technology partner, and proactive oversee the implementation of our service level agreement.
- Provide frontline support to clients if they are experiencing issues with The Mesa digital platform.
- In tandem with the technology partner, ensure any platform bugs or arising issues are identified and resolved in a timely fashion.
- Test and quality assure any new features, or bug fixes, reporting back to the technology partner for refinement, and deployment.
- Proactively inform and support clients whenever there are any platform updates or new features are released.
- Work alongside the technology partner to agree on an implementation schedule for any roadmap items.
- Update key documentation based on changes to technology, as required.
- Oversee and manage platform language translation activities, as required, working collaboratively with the technology partner and external providers.
- Analyse data from The Mesa Platform to draw and disseminate trends.
- Prioritise tasks appropriately and manage competing demands – proactively asking for support, when needed, to avoid bottlenecks and challenges.
- Manage time effectively and complete tasks on time, with a focus on quality.
- Develop expertise and specialist understanding of areas of work, and organisational priorities, undertaking regular self-review of effectiveness.
- Set your own high standards and go above and beyond to efficiently and promptly deliver work to a quality exceeding expectations.
- Produce high quality client work with minimum supervision from senior team members, knowing when to ask for input or support.
- Seek feedback and implement systems to reduce errors and streamline work.
- Develop ability to tactfully challenge clients or team members, where appropriate, using professional knowledge.
Who You Are
The Mesa programme requires careful quality maintenance to ensure our clients are happy, and the mission of the product is honoured. We need a multi-talented multitasker who thrives working independently, owning a portfolio of work.
The Project Manager is expected to be:
- Brilliant: Keen to bring relevant project management experience, with ideally 3-5 years as a project or programme lead in the philanthropy or nonprofit space.
- Strong understanding of technology and product development: Experience with running outsourced technology projects, handling a product roadmap, and managing platform APIs is highly desirable. There might be bugs or minor product enhancements to manage with our dev partners. APIs and project management tools will include AWS, Getstream, Keycloak, Sendgrid, Jira, Notion, Miro, Figma and Slack.
- A strategic problem solver: Diagnosing issues and figuring out how to solve them is in our team DNA, and we need someone who brings a mix of creative, big picture strategic vision, alongside practical solutions.
- Pragmatic and calm: The Mesa is an early-stage start-up programme with the potential to evolve and change (it has already taken many forms). It is vital to be able to ‘roll with’ any new challenges or directions, and work with senior management to calmly and pragmatically identify and decide on options for next steps when needed.
- A stellar communicator with first class relationship management skills: A people person who is ‘on brand’ 100% of the time, with clear and persuasive verbal and written communications. Native level fluency in English is a must.
- Organised & eagle eyed: Incredibly efficient and organised, known for your unparalleled attention to detail, and able to demonstrate responsiveness, reliability and dependability. A love of structure and deadlines, and knowledge of how to prioritise to meet them.
- Dependable and trustworthy: As the primary steward of The Mesa, reliability is key. Since this role operates outside of the normal I.G. structure, someone who feels comfortable and confident creating structure and sticking to self-imposed deadlines is critical.
- An independent self-starter: Someone who thrives working on their own and who takes initiative to manage workload and processes independently.
- Discreet and able to handle confidentiality: Able to work sensitively with high profile individuals or private philanthropic entities.
- Knowledge about GDPR: An understanding of the nuances of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and what is needed for compliance is desirable.
The Fine Print
- Hours: 20 hours per week
- Pay Weekly: £360 GBP/week for London; may be adjusted based on location.
- Role Length: This is a fixed term, 12-month role with the possibility of extension pending some grant decisions from our funders.
- Hours: Part-time. We would like this role to work specific days each week for consistency, but these will be determined alongside team leadership. Since we work a 9-Day Fortnight, we would prefer Fridays were not one of these days.
- Location: Our offices are in London, SE1, but this position can be located anywhere. You must have the capacity to work across time zones that include CET and EST.
- Infrastructure: You will be expected to use your own computer and relevant basic software licences for yourself. We will provide you with a Google Workspace account either way.
- Reporting to: Chief Executive
Applying to this Role
Complete the application form by 20th July 2023.