😬 Some surprising job interview stats you should know:
- It takes the average person 24 weeks to go through the hiring and interview process and find a job.
- On average, a candidate will get one interview request for every six applications they complete.
- On average, women are 30% less likely to be selected for a job interview than men with similar qualifications and professional backgrounds.
- The average corporate job opening gets 250 resumes — of those, between four to six will be called for an interview.
- The interview process takes an average of 23 days.
- The average applicant applies to 27 companies before landing an interview.
If you want better results, consider grabbing a spot in the next cohort of Job Search Boot Camp to spend the next 10 weeks doubling down on your career climb.
👉🏽 Every week, you’ll learn what hiring leaders are looking for, track your job search progress, practice your elevator pitch, mock interview in pairs, improve your resume & LinkedIn presence, and learn how to network your way to more offers in tech.
🌟 LessonsUp is all about helping more underrepresented people land valuable roles in tech. If a cohort model isn't right for you, there are tonnnns of free resources on the website, including the Laid Off Toolkit that got to #7 on ProductHunt a few weeks ago!
Check out the latest alumni stats and reach out to the founder if you're interested in joining but experiencing financial hardship.
🌈 Wishing you all the best in your job searches this week!