It's Lani, from the Elpha team. ☺️
For our next resource guide, we'd love your tips, stories, and best practices from experience about what to do when you feel stuck at work and want to move up to the next level. Specifically, we'd love to hear insights from Elphas who have made the transition from middle management to director-level. 💪
UPDATE: Our resource guide about how to break into senior roles has been posted!
The guide will be published here: https://elpha.com/resources, and your responses in this thread may be quoted! These are the questions we have for you (feel free to answer them all or just a few):
- Have you ever felt like your career growth has stalled? How did you sense career stagnation?
- When you’ve felt that, what changes did you make or what did you do to get to the next level? What are some tactical things you did to move up or move along?
- If you had a conversation about wanting a promotion with your boss, how did you go about it? How did you figure out what your comp should be and ask for it?
- When did you know it was time, or you were ready, to break into a senior role?
- In order to make that jump from middle management into a senior role, what did you do? What qualities and skills did you need to emphasize?
Your advice will help so many other Elphas who might be feeling stagnant in their careers and trying to get over the hump. TIA! ❤️