25madison is a NYC-based venture capital platform. We partner with entrepreneurs from the earliest stages to build breakout businesses at our Studio, and we invest in Pre-Seed to Series A opportunities from our venture fund.Our team comes from a diverse set of companies like Flatiron Health, Snap, Lyft, LinkedIn, Google, GoodRx, Goldman Sachs, and Daily Harvest, but we share a common background as builders and operators, and desire to help entrepreneurs move fast and build great companies. Our in-house platform team spans Product Research, Product Design, Software Development, Business Development, Acquisition Marketing, Brand Marketing, Back Office and several other functions.
We are looking for a founder and future CEO to build a startup at the intersection of small business and fintech, focusing on the segment of small business owners seeking retirement. You’ll work closely with our team of experienced operators to validate new business ideas, leveraging our people, playbooks, process and network. We’ll provide you with the initial capital to get going, a vetted and researched problem space, support in the building process (UX, Engineering, Product, Marketing), and continued advice and guidance as you launch and scale the company.
Alongside the support of our team, you will be responsible for ideating, validating, and ultimately bringing this company to market:
- Taking our comprehensive research and preliminary business ideas and conducting a structured validation process with the help of our team
- Refining the User Journey created by the 25madison team and constantly incorporating customer feedback into the offering
- Overseeing MVP development and launch
- Developing a go-to-market strategy and executing upon it
- Pitching to design partners and customers, leveraging 25madison’s extensive network
- Building out and owning the company P&L to ensure financial targets are met and cash burn is managed
- Hiring A+ teammates
- Forming a view on whether to raise outside capital, and leading that process
- Taking the company from idea to unicorn!
Who You Are
- Someone with deep knowledge of the small business (<$5m revenues) customer segment ideally gained through some type of role building for or serving them (Product Management or Business Development at a SMB focused startup, Associate/Principal at a lower middle market PE firm, ex-Search Funder)
- Extremely action-oriented
- Radically accountable
- Comfortable in both the board room and on sales calls with SMB operators
- Highly motivated and ready to wear many hats
- Product management and/or software-oriented experience a plus
25madison is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.