Thank you for continuing to make Elpha such a warm, welcoming, and helpful place for others to come to share their stories, ask for career advice, give support, and make new friends.
As we wrap up 2023, I wanted to take a few moments to reflect on everything that’s happened at Elpha this year, which marks our 6th Year in Review! (Check out past years: 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022)
The most-read posts of this year, posted by the community were:
- I regret introducing my team to ChatGPT by @Bobby11
- How to develop executive presence? by @Torie60
- How did/do you navigate around the "golden handcuffs"? by @Dominica195
We had 53 experts join us for Office Hours this year. The most-read AMAs were:
- I’m a Director of Product Management at Duolingo with @NickeySkarstad
- I was Head of Product Design at Product Hunt for the last 8 years with @syswarren
- I’m the Head of Global Recruiting at Notion with @katetaylor
140 community members wrote featured posts this year for our Spotlights program. These were the most-read:
- Green Flags in a Manager: How to Spot Them by @srinaldi
- Pushing through when « no one cares » by @AnhTho
- How I increased my salary by 500% since I started Product Management by @sophieguillermin
(Interested in writing a featured article like these for Elpha? Submit your info here)
A few community highlights from this year:
- Co-hosting a Tech Networking Happy Hour with Expert Session during NY Techweek! Over 1,000 people RSVP'd and it was inspiring to see so many incredible women connect and support each other.
- Members hosting 60+ Elpha Hangs across the globe meeting up IRL in NYC, the Bay Area, Boulder, Paris, CDMX, Buenos Aires, London, Sydney, Amsterdam, Atlanta, Singapore, LA, Miami, the DMV, Tampa, Austin, Seattle, Chicago, and Toronto!
- Members expressing how Elpha has helped them throughout the year:
@kaitlingraham: “Elpha has helped me feel like part of a community while job searching. I felt isolated and the women of Elpha gave me a renewed sense of confidence and self-worth!”
@amyd: “Elpha has been a valuable space for women to support and uplift each other. A special shoutout to @caseyonder, who I connected with through Elpha and who has been an invaluable speaker to the Launch School's Women's Group. Casey is fantastic—her wisdom, insights, and support have made a lasting impact on our participants. I am truly grateful for the connection and the opportunity to learn and grow together.!”
@elizabethburgess: “Unexpectedly, I found more than professional connections; I found new friends. In this journey of navigating the years away from my birth, I discovered that making new friends as adults is indeed possible. @CaseyCSimmons has been an incredible champion and partner as we work on growing the Boulder Elpha's group. Our recent 2nd monthly Happy Hour, even with just the two of us, was a meaningful exchange on job-searching, job-offer strategies, and life in general. It warms my ❤️ and fills my soul."
@kimwilkes: "It's been a tough year for most of us, and Elpha has done an excellent job providing support and encouragement. As a paid partner, I appreciate how easy it is to share new jobs and connect with women and folks of diverse backgrounds for the roles we have open at our company. My team continues to provide positive feedback on the quality of talent Elpha provides, and how simple it is to navigate the platform."
- Hosting Live Office Hours to give members the opportunity to ask Office Hours guests questions live!
- Elphas collaborating on podcasts, keeping each other accountable, and supporting each other through a tough job market – from the job search to interviewing when pregnant to landing a job offer!
Thank you for being here and growing with us this year. ❤️
Happy holidays! 🎁